If a customer wishes to place an order over the phone head to your Shop's Admin area of your Stor account.
1. Click "Create Order" in the top right-hand corner of any page in the shop's admin area.
2. This will give you the option to step through the shopping cart as a customer would do in your shopfront. Select 'Phone' as the order type.
3.Click "Add Product" and search for the customer's desired product. Add a "Coupon Code" here if needed.
4. Once you add the Product, choose “Select Existing Customer” or “Add New Customer.” If the customer is an existing customer, then the email address and phone number will auto populate. You also have the opportunity to change/update this information if necessary. If the customer is a new customer, you will save the name, email address and phone number.
5. Select a "Shipping Method" depending on the customer's requirements. *And if applicable a delivery date. Save the information.
6. Select a "Create Payment" within the Payment Transactions box. *If they are paying by card you will need to enter the card details that they provide on the merchants payment software (MyST)
7. Select “Add Comment/Note” in the Order Comments/Note box. Save the information.
8. Select Shipping Carrier if applicable within the Shipping/Fulfillment box. Click the "Compose shipment notification email" box if required.
9. Finally, just click the "Process Order" button.
Once you have completed the order you will be redirected to the "Order Items" section of the platform.
If you entered the customer's email address into the details section above and selected that you would like to send a receipt your customer will receive confirmation within a few minutes.
If you set up a new account for your customer, you can provide them with a password. We would suggest that the customer changes this password upon their first login to the system.
If any errors were made during the checkout process you can adjust these on the order detail page before marking the order as paid and/or shipped, dispatched, collected, etc.
It's good practice to add an internal note as a reminder to yourself and any colleagues that this is a manual order completed on behalf of the customer.
Finally, it's worth noting that you cannot opt customers into your newsletter subscription on their behalf. They must do this themselves in order to comply with GDPR requirements.