If you are planning to migrate your webshop data from Etsy to Stor below is a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
You can only import CSV files to Stor so please ensure all data that will be transferred is on a CSV file.
Data that can be transferred by CSV file upload: products, (coming soon: customers and orders).
Export products from Etsy:
1. From your Etsy Shop Manager main page select Settings.
2. From the Settings page select Options, then click on Download Data.
3. In the Currently for Sale Listings window, select Download CSV.
Import products to Stor:
1. From your Stor Account Dashboard click on the Products tab in the right column, then under Products, click All.
2. Press the three dots on the right side to import your products:
Once you have pressed Import Products, the below image will pop up on your screen. Download our sample import template and get ready to copy the information from your Etsy product CSV file to our sample import CSV file.
The Etsy CSV file format is slightly different from Stor’s CSV format - it is important to stick by our sample import template format for the file upload to be successful.
Our import template may look daunting but rest assured, you will be able to find all the necessary details to complete the columns from your Etsy export file. Please note, the Name/Title and Price of your products are both required fields to import your file to Stor, all other details can be added once the products have been added to your shop.
When filling in the price, make sure to not include the currency symbol before the numerical value. In the visibility column, we do recommend for you to put ‘disabled’, this is so if any changes need to be done, you can go in and change it before it will be live on your page. If it is marked as enabled, when you import the product, it will automatically be live on your Stor webpage.
Quantity - if there is a limited amount of the product type, please fill in the quantity amount in this column. (If it is unlimited, please leave it blank.)
3. Once you have copied and pasted the data from your Etsy CSV file, click save and upload the file by pressing Choose file to upload as shown below.
Export customers from Etsy:
Note: Make sure to fulfil any pending orders you may have on Etsy, a pending order imported from the platform will be considered completed.
1. From your Etsy Account dashboard, go to Settings, then click on Options and Download Data.
2. In the Orders window, select Orders then the Month and Year you wish to download (to download all orders in a year, leave month unselected and choose a year).
3. Once you have selected Orders along with a period, click and upload the file by pressing the Download CSV button as shown below.
Import customers to Stor:
1. From your Stor Account Dashboard go to Customers, then click on Registered.
2. Under the Registered Customers tab in the right column, click Import.
Once you have pressed Import, the below image will pop up on your screen. Download our sample import template and get ready to copy your customers' data to our sample import CSV file.
Note - it is important to stick by our sample import template format for the file upload to be successful.
3. After you have entered your customers' information, click Choose a file, press open once you have selected your file, and finally click on Upload Customer Data as shown above. After your import is complete, we'll send a confirmation email.
Please kindly note your imported customers passwords will not be imported with your data. Your customers will have to go to the 'Account' page on your shop and select 'Forgot Password'. They will then be sent a reset password link to their email and they can update their password that way.
Note: You can only import CSV files to Stor so please ensure all data that will be transferred is on a CSV file.
Data that can be transferred by CSV file upload: products, categories, customers, (coming soon: orders)